[plug] Come to the masquerade ball . . .

The Thought Assassin assassin at sleepless.south.networx.net.au
Fri Jul 10 00:41:26 WST 1998

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, John Darrington wrote:
> I got everything working perfectly.  Then I rebooted. And it doesn't work any
> more .  I can't remember what I did to get it working!  So I have got to read the
> Howto tonight.  If I don't get it working tomorrow, people are going to loose
> confidence and might resurrect their Wingate, and that's one piece of software
> which I really don't want to see again.  So if anyone can think of anything
> amazingly useful, then send me a message tonight.

Well, i assume you managed it last time with something along the lines of:
ipfwadm -F -a accept -m -S 192.168.0.0/24
The above will work, anyway, assuming you have masquerading in your
kernel and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward set to 1.
So what you need is a way to make this happen every time you boot up.
so put the script at the end of either:
/etc/init.d/boot (for debian)
or:
/etc/rc.d/rc.local (for redhat)
or wherever else suits you depending on your distribution or how you have
set the machine up.

-Greg