[plug] mIRC style irc clients for X

Christian Payne cpayne at q-net.net.au
Fri Jul 17 15:22:18 WST 1998

There are *MUCH* better IRC clients for X than circus!

ksirc is based on sirc (the Perl-based one) which means it extremely
powerful scripting capabilities but it's also very easy to use and
configure and is highly graphical.  The nick-completion is also extremely
nice. :)  http://www.ksirc.org  - it's designed to run with KDE but
there's a statically linked version if you don't have the necessary libs.

There's also one called yagirc (Yet Another GTK+ IRC client) which looks
quite good but I haven't got around to trying it yet so I can't really
comment on it's features.  I think they might be working on GNOME
integration but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps,

Christian.

PS. This email should *NOT* be interpreted as meaning that I spend too
much time on IRC. ;-)