[plug] Sendmail, etc

Tom Atkinson tom at tyco.net.au
Sun Jul 19 23:50:28 WST 1998

Hi Neil,

I use pine to read my email via IMAP.  This has the following advantages:

1. Unlike POP, I don't have to download every message - only the ones I
wish to read!  I choose which ones I want to read from their subject line
- any that are spam or of a boring thread I delete them at "the server".

2. I can read my email at work or at home (or anywhere else) without
the hassles of duplication of messages!

IMAP uses "client/server" protocol.  At the ISP end, the IMAP server talks
with my IMAP client (pine).

Tom Atkinson