[plug] Informix and Linux [from Caldera Channel Announcement]

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 28 18:07:22 WST 1998

At 08:59  28/07/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Some very good news for Linux, as if it really needs it. Filter the
>Caldera hype first...

Informix aren't the only ones to release an announcement to say that
tehy'll support Linux. In the last week or two a heap of companies have
announced support to Linux.

These include :-

Iformix (as you know)
Oracle -> Oracle and the Oracle Applications
Computer Associates -> Ingres DBMS
Netscape -> All their server products inclusing Messenger, Proxy etc
and a couple of others I can't think of

Its great news for Linux, and most of the companies have said that while
they won't be free like everything else Linux they will sell the Linux
versions at a lower price to recognise the Linux free software community.

Peter
| MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten   |
| years of careful development.                                    |
| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/