[plug] Crashed linux box

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 31 22:26:38 WST 1998

> > Just thought I'd pop a note in to say I have managed to crash Linux. I
> > don't know if this is a huge feat or not but I did it!!
>
> Not especially. However, you gotta work at it. I've just rebooted after
30
> days to clear some NFS problems including a tribe of zombie nfsiods. I'd
> also created a /usr partition, moved the /usr directory structure there &
> been switching between runlevels.

I'm *very* impressed by the 30 day uptime here. Not that Linux won't do it
(in the UK, my Linux box was usually up for 6 months or thereabouts), but
the mains doesn't seem to support it. I know that I've bitched about
Western Power before, but the last couple of weeks have just reinforced by
concerns. 3 hours without power 10 days or so ago!

Paul