plug CD-ROM permission problems... (possible answer)

David Campbell campbell at gear.torque.net
Thu Jun 4 18:20:19 WST 1998

After checking my Infomagic distribution I have found the following
permission layout.

Normal files   -r--r--r--
Sym links      lr-xr-xr-x
Directories    lr-xr-xr-x

Exception:     RedHat/instimage
Normal files   -r-xr-xr-x	# This where I went wrong.
Sym links      lr-xr-xr-x
Directories    lr-xr-xr-x

If someone could could please check their "original" RedHat CD-ROM to
confirm the above observations it would be much appreciated.

So it appears that prior to building the image I need to:
find /mirror/redhat -type f -exec chmod 444 {} \;
find /mirror/redhat -type d -exec chmod 555 {} \;
find /mirror/redhat -type l -exec chmod 555 {} \;
find /mirror/redhat/RedHat/instimage -type f -exec chmod 555 {} \;

Looks like another test CD tonight...

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net

"All parallel ports are equal - Some are more equal than others"