plug CD-ROM permission problems... (possible answer)

The Thought Assassin assassin at sleepless.south.networx.net.au
Thu Jun 4 13:26:06 WST 1998

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Mike Holland wrote:
> I didn't know ISO9660 had permission bits,
It doesn't. But there is a standard extension to ISO9660 called
"RockRidge" which allows for them, and also for long filenames, and, IIRC,
for hard links.

> but I can look at my RedHat 4.2 from Infomagic:
Hmmm, Infomagic. I don't think I would trust anything on those CDs to be
set up right... I know they have done better with Redhat than with Debian,
but I should still expect it not to be a pristine copy.

Honestly, doesn't Redhat have scripts for this? There has (for as long as
I remember) always been a standard .deb that allows one to create a
correct CD image just by running a script. I suspect if you look harder,
you will find a Redhat equivalent, which should solve all of your probs
for you. Good luck,

-Greg Mildenhall