plug RedHat 5.1

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Jun 11 10:27:40 WST 1998

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> nonetheless (at least some of) the pros use RedHat. iiNet is one example
> I'm certain of.

Yes, iiNet use RedHat, and a large number of "pros" use RedHat, but a
large number of "pros" use Debian too, so that's not a valid argument.
Read the archives of the last week's worth of linux-kernel, and look for
the thread "New Linux distribution - PSL" and you will see many respected
kernel hackers and sysadmins promote Debian.
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9806.1/index.html
about 3/4 down the page.

 - Matt

P.S. Let's just drop this thread here.. we're not going to get anywhere
because it's all just personal preference, and we're not going to
convince each other that their distribution is better.. The only way to
find out, is to find out for yourself, by running each distribution for a
few weeks and seeing if you like it.