plug RedHat 5.1

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Thu Jun 11 19:21:59 WST 1998

This thread just won't die!

At the risk of kicking it on beyond it's die-by-date . .

What I was after in the first instance was _what_ makes the distribution
different.  My experience is with RH and Caldera.  I'd say that it is
inadequately explained in RH how to make alterations to your install -
such as when you get round to adding a tape drive, how do you get that
working on an otherwise perfectly good setup.  On Caldera you run lisa,
but (at least as a beginner) you may not get what you expected - I found
a re-install worked.

K.