[plug] Re: plug Star Office

Kent Ian Ian.Kent at fujitsu.com.au
Fri Jun 12 13:34:04 WST 1998

>Neil Hunt wrote:
>>
>> A little help if you please, I d/l Star Office last week, and on running
>> ./setup I get the error
>>
>> Line 1: syntax error at token 'l' expected declarator; ie File.....
>>
>> Does anyone know what this means, and if so how do I fix it?
>
>Problem is you need libc-5.4.4 or greater; 5.3.x doesn't cut it.

I have the same problem and am working on it. As you saw the other night I ran
So at the talk on RH 5.0. So, if you can get it installed it seems to run OK
with glibc (presentetion module is very unstable - I don't know whether it is
glibc or So???).

You probably have So 4.0.3 which needs libc 5.4.22 at least. I have also noticed
that there are no links to these libraries in the standard locations.

You can run ldd on setup.bin if you want to know what libraries it is looking
for/using.

>Cheers,
>
>Colin

Ian Kent