[plug] ZIP/JAZ/SPARQ drives

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Jun 12 16:11:26 WST 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Gavin Tweedie wrote:

> internal ones are standard IDE are they not?
> and work with normal kernel with no modifications??

The original internal ones were SCSI and came with their own SCSI card.
The new ones are IDE, so you can choose whether you want to waste an ISA
slot for a SCSI card or use up one of the 4 possible IDE placements.
ALso I believe you need to select "SCSI emulation" in a recent linux
kernel for them to work.
I haven't used an IDE one yet, only an internal SCSI and an external
parport one.

 - Matt