[plug] modem

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Sat Jun 13 14:38:30 WST 1998

> From: 	Hellraiser4[SMTP:hr4 at aceonline.com.au]
> > I have an IBM Aptiva, that has a crappy SoundCard and Modem
> all-in-one, (mwave)

My experience with Aptiva mwave modems in Win95 is that they aren't a
standard device - the mwave driver makes them work _IF_ you get it set
up right.  If you can find an mwave driver for Linux (har har) you might
have a chance - otherwise give yourself a treat and buy a real modem and
a real sound card.  You should be able to get secondhand ones.

I've still not got a grunt out of my sound card in Linux - and that's a
fairly standard one.

K.