[plug] ZIP/JAZ/SPARQ -- consider CD-R

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Jun 15 11:06:34 WST 1998

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Gavin Tweedie wrote:

> > drive though the MO drive IS relatively slow (compared with my fixed
> > drives).
> As are zip/sparq/jaz and all the competitors..

JAZ is supposed to run at HDD-like speeds. (8ms access??)

But consider getting a CD-writer instead.
The media cost is a couple of orders of magnitude lower, which
widens their usefulness.
Writing may be slow, but reading is much faster these days.
Everybody can read CDs.
They are write-once, but multi-session, and at $2.50, who cares?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't
pick your friend's nose.

PGP ID 8B3D0765. FP: 30 07 BF 6C 9B 45 E8 C8  EA 30 4F 01 DC A2 91 88