[plug] ZIP/JAZ/SPARQ -- consider CD-R

Niall Young niall at gospel.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 16 20:28:39 WST 1998

> Mike Holland wrote:
> >
> > But consider getting a CD-writer instead.
> > The media cost is a couple of orders of magnitude lower, which
> > widens their usefulness.
> > Writing may be slow, but reading is much faster these days.
> > Everybody can read CDs.
> > They are write-once, but multi-session, and at $2.50, who cares?
>
> 	What about CD-RW, can we pop in a CD-RW disc into a CD writer ? Or do
> we need a special CD-RW writer ?

Why not a DVD-RAM :-)  5.2G re-writable like a disk, works fine under Linux
(so usenet says)...  bit expensive still, but give it 2-3 months...

Niall Young
iiNet Technologies                                  Play Quake at iiNet
niall at staff.iinet.net.au                         http://quake.iinet.net.au/
http://www.iinet.net.au/~niall/