[plug] Serial prining

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Wed Jun 24 09:48:11 WST 1998

Due to a PC failure I've got to put another task onto the Linux PC -
running an HP pen plotter.

This calls for a serial port setup that will endure a plot of up to 2
hours.  The plotter has 100 K of buffer, and I found I had to set the
hardware handshaking timeout set to 10 minutes in Windows for Wallies to
keep the plot going.

I located the setserial command, which has a closing_wait parameter I
set to 60000 (hundredths of seconds).  I set a :br=9600: in printcap.

There are two items remaining I can't find any reference to - the
handshaking and the communication parameters.  I was using hardware
handshaking and the msdos standard n,8,1 parameters.  Is there something
in unix to set up these items or should I set the plotter to some other
value?

K.