plug New Partition

Doug Clulow clulow at upnaway.com
Tue May 26 22:43:41 WST 1998

Hi all

I have created a new partition in an attempt to transfer some of my HD
space from Windows to Linux ;-).  My question is how can I incorporate
the space into my current directory system.  What seems like the way to
go is to put an entry into fstab like:

/dev/hdb3      /usr   ext2    defaults  1  1

/dev/hdb3 is the new partition, which is currently mounted under /new. I
can't seem to find out if mounting under /usr will do anything nasty to
my current /usr directory, and if so what  do I do to add it to my
/usr/local space, which is full.

Doug