[plug] Perl CGI scripts

P Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 3 22:42:21 WST 1998

I'm just venturing into Perl CGI scripts, well CGI scripts in general, and
am having a few problems.

To summarize my problems, internet.au had a quick article about CGI in
their november issue, I tried to replicate thier initial form to get it
working so I could mess around with it too produce something I could use
and expand for my own requirements.

Anyway they didn't really cover everything, so I made the assumption
that the script should be world executable and reside in the cgi-bin dir
but it still doesn't work.

Can someone give me some general pointers to help me start out, and
possibly an example. Once I get going I'm usually fine, its just the mag
is stupid and just gives you the two sample files and a general intro to
CGI which I already knew.

Thanks
Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/