[plug] Install via NFS or FTP (RedHat 5.0)

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Nov 6 01:22:11 WST 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, HILL  Walter wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> 	I have a single-IDE 486 and a CDROM that refuses to work on the
> same IDE
> 	as a HDD, so I'm trying to install RedHat with NFS or FTP.
>
> Are you sure that it is an IDE CDROM? One of the original proprietary
> (Sony, Mitsumi & Panasonic I think) pre-ide CDROMs had a connector the
> same size!
>
> Is the HDD configured as a master & the CDROM configured as a slave?

 I've had the problem, and the drives were configured correctly. In my case
 I solved it by attaching my HDD to my SB16's IDE port. This was back in
 the days when Linux knew about just the one IDE adaptor so putting the CDD
 there wasn't an option.

 Fortunately with the advent of EIDE the problem seems not to occur
 anymore.

Cheers
John Summerfield