[plug] Perl CGI scripts

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sat Nov 7 07:49:29 WST 1998

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, P Robinson wrote:

> > If you want to run these at iinet, better ask them. Useta have to code URLs
> > as http://www.iinet.net.au/cgi-bin/cgi/user/whatever,,,
> > the word 'cgi' in this was a program that changed to the user to run.
> > Unfortunately the cgi program was slightly broken and they wanted to charge
> > me big bikkies to look into.
> >
> > I think they change how it's done just before I left, but as I said, ask
> > what the rules are.
>
> Yes, but iiNet already have a script for their users to use for mailing
> the contents of forms to users, I need to use it on a clients web server.

I'm sure they'll tell you where to get it. There's at least one that's free
to all good homes.

btw When you're putting together the form, be sure the text area's coded so
netscape wraps: I hate typing an 80-character paragraph into a
ten-character-wide box that displays everything on a single line.

Cheers
John Summerfield