[plug] What do do about Christmas?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Tue Nov 10 13:59:50 WST 1998

Twas the month before Christmas...

There is no clear concensus for tonight's meeting location, being
closely split between Global Warriors, Fast Eddy's and Blue Note ().
OTOH, there have been some significant issues exposed, in particular:

 * transport issues for non-drivers (probably eliminates Warriors this
time)

 * age-vs-alcohol issues (probably eliminates the Blue Note)

 * lack of notice means it must be close to Digipaq (speaks against
Warriors and TAFE at Curtin)

*** SO *** How about these proposals? (hopefully-benevolent
mini-dictator hat on)

TONIGHT'S MEETING

 * At Fast Eddy's because it's central, close to Compital, and public -
and also serves beer, for Greg and Ian's sake. This seems to be about
it, according to the circumstances. Hit reply and scream now if this
defacto decision massively inconveniences you.

 * At least one of us (me) wait at Cigitaq until 19:45 to collect
stragglers, and leave behind a note on the door.

 * Nominations maybe to be closed at tonight's meeting (email them NOW
if not attending), maybe at the Monday 23 meeting.

 * Voting maybe to be closed by end of Monday 23rd's meeting, maybe at
the Christmas meeting.

 * Discussion of "routine emergency" alternatives to Dompal as a meeting
venue, or possibly a permanent venue change since they seem to be
resource-hogging Peter, thereby locking out the offices, quite often.

CHRISTMAS OPTIONS (to be discussed on-line, at meeting, and also finally
resolved by Monday 23rd)

 * We have a Christmas social Quake-playing BYOG meeting at Global
Warriors in Balcatta on Tuesday 8th December.

 * We do a smilar thing on a different day.

 * We skip the Monday 28th December meeting.

Your urgent opinion, please?

--
Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you a full house.