[plug] I think I broke it: Was:I've got my two computers going...thanks for assistance

David Buddrige dbuddrige at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:25:30 WST 1998

I somehow managed to break it... I was using Redhat 5.1's netcfg program
to access pop services... I wanted to configure it so that all my wife
would have to do was power-up my linux box, to get internet services
happening, so I selected the options under Redhat that specified loading
PPP at boot-time... I also set the option to "re-dial if connection
lost"... Now, when I rebooted, the computer dialed out fine and
connected (without even logging in or loading X, however, I couldn't get
the windows 95 machine to see the internet... I _think_ it may have
something to do with the default route - in that  the packets might not
be being routed correctly out to the PPP device, but I couldn't figure
out which file in /etc might be used to set that... but then again, the
linux box was able to see the internet just fine... (Actually, just
thinking about it, I might check to see if SQUID was loaded at
boot-time... anyone know how I might configure this to load at boot-time
- I'll check it when I get home)...

So my question then, is How do you get SQUID To load at boot-time?

cheers

David.