[plug] AGM, part 1

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Nov 13 09:09:40 WST 1998

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 leon at brooks.smileys.net wrote:

> I also would prefer (most) Sundays. Saturday night was at David
> Campbell's request, and nobody else objected. If it's on a Sunday, I
> can attend earlier as well.

Great, well pending a mass-revolt, I hereby change our Christmas Do to be
on Sunday the 6th of December, starting at or about 2PM.

> Uh, does GW have barbecue facilities or
> anything like that?

Yes.  And I believe they do an all-you-can-eat pizza for $5.

> > Also, Peter's advised that he will be upgrading his entire network
> > before then, and replacing his "repeater" hubs with Cisco 10/100 switches.
>
> Well, as it happens... (-:
>
> I will have a 100Mb card and can bring a few 10Mb cards if needed (UTP
> and BNC, some both, and tees and BNC cable, and maybe even UTP cables).
> Crossover cables are harder, but maybe can be done. I can also bring
> individual self-contained UTP-to-AUI adaptors.

I don't think cabling will be a problem, I think GW have a roll of UTP and
their own crimper, so they can make up extra cable on the fly, crossed and
double crossed. :)
Also if there are a large number of machines with BNC, I'm sure one of the
other linux machines can be given a 2nd NIC and made into a proxy-arping
router. :)

 - Matt (still debating whether I should bring my work machine (live))