[plug] make menuconfig

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Nov 17 12:13:25 WST 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Niall Young wrote:

> I recently rebuilt a RH install to the absolute minimum that
> I needed.  Unfortunately I can't seem to configure any kernel
> with make menuconfig, make config works fine.  What am I missing?:
>
> dialog.h:22: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
> dialog.h:23: fcntl.h: No such file or directory

It's can't find the files /usr/include/sys/types.h and
/usr/include/fcntl.h etc.
Have you got your "libc development" package installed?
I have no idea what package this is under redhat, but under Debian, these
include files are part of the libc6-dev package.  Generally, with Debian
at least, you will find that to use a library in a precompiled program you
would use eg. the xpm.deb package, and to compile using that library the
xpm-dev.deb package, and it's the same for libc6 and libc6-dev, which
almost every program needs when compiling..

Hope this helps

 - Matt