[plug] burning 5.2

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Wed Nov 18 09:55:49 WST 1998

> > > What's the best way to make an iso image of RH and burn it?
> > >
> > > I've tried making an iso image with:
> > >
> > > mkisofs -b images/boot.img -r -o redhat-5.2 .
> > >
> > > from the i386 directory and burnt it as an iso image.  It boots fine,
> > > but fails to find the CD data when trying to complete the installation.
> > > ALT-F3 shows:
> >
> > Make sure that the installation directory has r-xr-x-rx permissions before
> > starting the burn. Do a quick "ls -lR" on the source directory to a file and go
> > through it slowly, any file that is not a document or an rpm file set to execute.

I downloaded an ls-lR with my distribution and ran a quick script over
it to change all the relevant permissions... I then usually stuff all
the updates and any rpms I want changed in the RPMS directory and run
genhdlist over it... No problems yet with any of the RedHat 5s...

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at cygnus.uwa.edu.au