[plug] Idea for a Talk

chris mcdonald chris at cs.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 23 09:35:12 WST 1998

    I was reading an article by Bruce Perens on Linux Weekly News where he
    suggests that the software we use could possibly be compromised by an
    author (or patch submitter) including a trojan horse into the code.

A great jumping off point for this topic is the paper presented by Ken
Thompson when he and Dennis Ritchie were awarded the 1983 ACM Turing Award -

	Reflections on Trusting Trust

(cf. www.cs.umsl.edu/~sanjiv/sys_sec/security/thompson/hack.html )

                  Dr Chris McDonald     EMAIL:  chris at cs.uwa.edu.au
     Department of Computer Science       WWW:
http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~chris
The University of Western Australia     PHONE:  +61 8 9380 2533
   Crawley, Western Australia, 6907       FAX:  +61 8 9380 1089