[plug] Another (Possibly) Redhat specific squid tip

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Mon Nov 23 09:14:50 WST 1998

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, David Buddrige wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Yes, there is such a policy, however I'm supposed to get at least 6 hours
> before they cut you off... the shortest I've heard of is 90 minutes (that
> particular ISP has since increased this to 2 hours)... at present, the
> disconnections are happening within 30 minutes of connecting...
>
> I would assume that if the modem had been disconnected, then the light's
> would all turn off... at present, it appears to remain connected, but the
> ping's are no longer working.... I'm going to check out the suggestions
> made by Christian...

Why not ask your ISP? Their logs will have messages too, and if their
killer daemon's killing you, they'll know.

As a user of a Banksia Wave modem dialling an IAP who uses Netcomm modems,
I'm iinclined to suspect some issue concerning your modem and your IAP's
hardware. Again, your IAP is likely to know about such problems.

I know there's a problem with my setup: Banksia has said so. Furtunately,
the problem's not too serious and as my IAP adds modems the problem
diminishes.

Cheers
John Summerfield