[plug] PS2 - DB9

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Tue Nov 24 16:45:28 WST 1998

From:           	"Shackleton, Kevin" <kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	RE: [plug] PS2 - DB9
Date sent:      	Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:06:01 +0800
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> To throw more darkness on the issue . .
>
> I have a PS/2 header on my motherboard (4 * 2 with 2 missing pins).  I
> got hold of a PS/2 & parallel port backplane strip.  But when I try to
> plug a PS/2 mouse into it, the keyboard locks up and the PC strongly
> objects.  I'd say there are a couple of ways the mobo headers are wired.

For ASUS mainboards there is a few BIOS settings which need to be set right
otherwise it will result in keyboard lockups as stated. I need to look at my
home machine to find out what I have my mainboard set to.

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net

Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.

Current project list:
a) Madly fixing up web pages....
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome