[plug] Another (Possibly) Redhat specific squid tip

Buddrige, David David.Buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Wed Nov 25 09:32:56 WST 1998

> Software Engineers..sheesh   :)

*Mildly embarassed grin* (read: _graduate_ software engineer - I started
about 2 months ago...8-)   )  By insulation I meant shielded cable...

> Seriously though David, insulation won't stop radio waves, screening
> may.
> You could have well hit upon your problem though and I would suggest a
> filter in series with the phone line.
>
> Not sure if you can buy them, supect not.  Basically an inductor in
> series with
> each wire with 2 caps at each end of the inductor. Ground the center
> connection
> of the 2 caps.  If there are any radio hams in the area talk to them.
> You may get lucky.

I was going to talk to Dick Smiths or similar and see what they've got
available... but I might also scout around to see if I can find a few
ham op's too.. 8-)

regards

David Buddrige
Software Engineer