[plug] StarOffice 5.0

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Nov 30 12:42:12 WST 1998

Buddrige, David wrote:
> I've been trying a number of times to get it down from various sites -
> but the closest I have got is 95% after lots of download hours
> (overnight) before the line drop's out.... Does anyone know where it can
> be obtained in smaller chunks?

> I've been using several search engines but I can only find it in one
> mega chunk....

BTW, if the file is "only" 60MB, you probably _don't_ have the linux
version of it, which is about 90MB. Off the top of my head, that'll be
either the Windows (if it's .EXE) or Solaris version of it. StarDivision
have thoughtfully(?) included a copy of Glibc2 in the Linux archive.

You are aware that it requires an activation key to work, obtainable
from www.stardivision.com, and on-line registration (built into the
setup program) to work past 30 days?

--
If your boss gets drunk and offers to photocopy her
posterior, do not helpfully suggest pressing "reduce 75%."