[plug] Trying to get RH 5.1 XWindows to work with Diamond Stealth II S220

David Buddrige dbuddrige at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:11:03 WST 1998

Hi all,

I am currently trying to help my brother get Linux working on his
Pentium 200 computer using Redhat 5.1... Unfortunately he seems to have
an unsupported video card - a Diamond Stealth II S220 with 4mb RAM... I
have tried generic XServers as well as other Diamond Stealth XServers,
but I can't seem to get it to work... it won't recognise the video
card... Linux itself is installed fine, but as I can't get XWindows to
operate... he wants to use Linux + Netscape to maintain his web-site and
basically to operate the Internet... he's not a Unix guru by any chance,
so I am suggesting to him that he use Redhat's netcfg tool to connect up
ppp, since it is a very easy product to use - rather than messing around
with text files and so on.... however unless I can get the XWindows to
work, I'm in a bit of a bind.... Does anyone have any ideas?

Ta....

David Buddrige