[plug] multi-file find & replace

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Sat Oct 24 04:36:08 WST 1998

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Shackleton, Kevin wrote:
> I have a web site (done in frontpage) that refers to everything as
> ".htm".  Apache seems to prefer ".html".
It's probably best to tell apache to use .htm files if it finds them.
I assume you are talking about index.htm(l) specifically? (If a URL is
requested that ends in a directory name, not a filename, apache will serve
index.html from that directory.
do a grep through /etc/apache/* or wherever for index.htm
I _think_ it'll be in srm.conf or suchlike, under the option name of,
umm, DirectoryIndex, maybe?.
Anyway, add "index.htm" after where it says "index.html" (seperated by a
space)
Then restart apache (kill -HUP it), and it should serve the .htm file as
the directory's index.
HTH
-Greg