[plug] Suggestion for meeting topic

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 1 11:53:19 WST 1998

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, David Campbell wrote:

> Has anyone discussed the joys of setting up IPX on a Linux box?
>
> I finally managed to place my PC on the otherside of my firewall box only to
> find I couldn't access the Novell servers. A half an hour later (after a kernel
> recompile/add ipxripd package) I am happily talking to the Novell server (I
> have something like 12 drives mapped).
>
> >From memory there is a package to emulate a Novell 3.1 server (the
> package mars comes to mind). I think this would make a good discussion
> topic.
>
> Comments anyone?

Yes there is a package its called MARS-NWE, but it only emmulated a
2.15 server, with partial support for 3.11. Even better Caldera has now
has a full Netware 4.1 server with full support for NDS etc, and they also
have a Novell client for Linux as well. You can get a free 3 user lincence
copy from their web site.

Peter