[plug] Samba and file sharing

Hill, Damion Damion.Hill at health.wa.gov.au
Tue Sep 1 15:28:35 WST 1998

Hi All,

Just a question regarding Samba and allowing multiple users to access an
Access database simultaneously. Currently I have multiple users accessing
the database from a users PC (Win95) but have just been experimenting with
putting the database on my Linux box. Managed to get all of that set up OK
and it is accessible, until a second person tries to access it. I've had a
look through the Samba documentation but can't find a way to stop the file
locking happening.

Has anyone got any experience with this and willing to shed some light?

Cheers,
Damion.