[plug] initrd.img

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Wed Sep 16 14:49:33 WST 1998

> Ive had some problems upgrading the kernel on a RedHat 5.0 machine that
> has its system on an IDE drive and it's homes/applications on a scsi
> disk.

What type of SCSI adapter are you using?

> The kernel build's without errors and it boots ok but after a few
> days it hangs.

Any idea of the cause of the hang? Does the kernel panic or does the machine
simply lock up. Check /var/log/messages (or something like it)...

> I built the kernel from the standard sources.

Standard kernel sources that came with RedHat 5.0 ?

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers
c) Start on ParSCSI drivers
d) Boot proms for parport devices (socket onto NE2000 cards)

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome