[plug] Re: Debate, Distractions, planned time wasting, ppp-on script

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Fri Apr 2 01:12:03 WST 1999

hahahahaha!  I've been quiet on this nonsense, because I've seen that time wasting tactic before---get people arguing and they can't get any real work done.  It's a typical psychological warfare tool.

Don't fall for it.  Ignore it.  And I'll uh, review my childhood stories for the perfect end to Billy Goat Gruff.  ROFL.!

But I have more serious issues at hand, like configuring my netscape and ppp to allow user tamara to use the ppp script to login.  Currently I (gasp!) use my root login to get on the net.

I'm getting a $ENV error when trying as tamara to invoke the ppp-on script.  I copied a script from a howto to do the ppp-on.  The script is executable.

When I type usernet from an xterm under WindowMaker, I only see one button "eth0", when I was expecting a 'ppp0' button.  (RH 5.2)

Tamara

At 04:38  30/03/99 +0800, you wrote:

>-Bill G. Gruff <Thought.Assassin at usa.net>

Can anyone remember who it was that disposed of the billy goat gruff??

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html