[plug] Quakeathon Report

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Fri Apr 2 01:50:50 WST 1999

>At least one non-Linux person walked away with a fresh new >Linux box.

Awesome!

>Some IRC was chatted. For future sessions, use the server at
>irc.linux.org.au and the channel #plug (Tamara, I don't know if >you'll
>be awake at the time...).

I've been so busy that I haven't calc'd the actual time.  Next time I will, and uh, isn't it understood by all Linuxers that weird hours are a prerequisite?  <grin> I just hadn't figure out exactly what fun irc would be....<smile>  maybe get a sportscast of the games?  :)

Tamara

The occasional tour of Networx was organised (thanks Matt!). You've
never seen so many individual modems in one place, I think not even in
iiNet's machine-room!

The use of GW as a venue during the week was discussed and Peter (GW
manager) is very interested in seeing this happen, wants to plow some of
any rent we pay him back into advertising us, for example. See next
message from me.

We retired at about 2200 (10PM) and generally went home exhausted.

* "Your mother was a hippo."
--
"Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intellect."
		-- Evil, The Time Bandits