[plug] Fast page RAM

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 2 09:04:50 WST 1999

Does anyone have either 2 x 8MB 72 pin fast page RAM chips, or, preferably,
2 x 16MB 72 pin fast page RAM chips, for sale, that can be bought this
weekend? If so, what price, and how soon can we get them? We have a 486 with
4 x 1MB 30 pin chips, and 2 x empty 72 pin slots, and want to get enough RAM
to make for an easier install, and better running.

Alternatively, if we can't get the fast page RAM, could someone please give
details of the method of installing Linux on one HDD, in one machine, then
transferring it to another machine. This was previously briefly mentioned by
someone, regarding something else. Does this work with different CPU's in
the different machines? What about the different graphics cards, etc, in the
different machines? Can RH 5.2 be installed this way, in a 6x86 box with
32MB RAM, then run on a 486 with 4MB RAM (without X) ?

Bret Busby
bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fax/phone:    +61 8 9399 3820