[plug] Fast page RAM and EDO RAM

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Sat Apr 3 05:14:29 WST 1999

I don 't know, but I'd search Tom's hardware page, that's where I go for RAM info.  All those little numbers on the chip indicate Manufacturer, amount of RAM, Quality (letter grade) and nanoseconds..  As far as the difference btw EDO or not, hmmm...

http://www.tomshardware.com/guides/ram/index.html
Somewhere on that site I found a spreadsheet of chip markings and their meanings...can't find it just now, but I've got hardcopy at home.  I'll check on it.

Tamara

>>> "Bret Busby" <bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au> 04/01 7:14 PM >>>

Can someone tell me how to tell the difference (by looking at it), between
72 pin fast page RAM and 72 pin EDO RAM?

Thanks.

Bret Busby
bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fax/phone:    +61 8 9399 3820