[plug] Translating Unix time stamps into useable dates

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Mon Apr 5 12:21:24 WST 1999

Does antyone know of a formula that I can use to translate unix time stamps
like 923056282 into a useable date. I gater that this should be fairly
simple as it is just a seconds count from January the 1st 1970. The thing
that I am looking for is how to take into account leap years etc where the
number of hours, minutes, seconds is not the same for other years.  Is there
an inbuilt utilty for U*nix that can do this for me ?

Michael Hunt