[plug] Star Office system problem

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 16 13:00:20 WST 1999

We got Star Office 5 installed, and got it running (kind of).

When I used it to receive email, last night, for the first time, and created
a reply to a message, and thought, I don't like this font, and tried to
change the font, it froze. The only way that I could stop Star Office, was
to use kill -9. It wouldn't die any other way.

Then, when I thought, stuff it, I am stuck with this font, so started again,
and recreated a reply to the email, when I sent the email reply, Star Office
froze again. The email escaped, and went where is was supposed to, as I
found when I got a reply, but I had to use kill -9, again, as it wouldn't
die, again.

I am running Star Office 5, on RH 5.2, on a Cyrix 6x86 based system, with 32
MB RAM. I have a 64MB swap partition. Should Star Office be able to run, on
my system? Or, do I need to increase the RAM to 64MB or higher, or, increase
the swap partition to 128MB, or both, or just give up on Star Office?

Help! |:~<

Bret Busby