[plug] Setting up X-Windows Proxy.

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Apr 19 15:59:42 WST 1999

> > proxy, or some such, so that I can run X apps through an IP Masq
> > gateway? (Preferrably with compression).

Trevor, 'ssh' (secure shell) will do that, and add security too.

> Never mind. I've discovered "dxpc" which is a piece of cake to set up
> and does exactly what I want (allow X apps w. compression thru IP Masq).

Well, the remote end may already have ssh installed to save you trouble.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
How many MCSEs does it take to change a light bulb?
[prizes for the best answer - to be published here.]