[plug] Linux fails the high-end test

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed Apr 21 12:46:45 WST 1999

> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > I have not read the printed issue of the Australian, and the story is not i
> > the online published set of stories.
>
> Its actually a good article. Pity about the headline, as is often true.

I've seen claims that the Linux wasn't set up very well on the test
system, that the test was paid-for by the Evil Empire...

One thing I'm sure of: if the test wasn't done with a 2.2 kernel, it's not
worth the paper it's written on.

Some other information wasn;t entirely accurate: 2 Gb RAM may be the limit
on Intel (I simply don't know), but on 64-bit platforms?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield