[plug] .telnetrc or Expect for telnet automation?

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Apr 22 19:08:01 WST 1999

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Peter Caffin wrote:

> For now, I let it end at the end of `stty erase ` and manually press
> backspace and return (silly? yes, it feels it). Anyone heard of a better
> alternative?...

Peter, How about:   stty erase '^?'
'stty' will interpret the ^ and ? as a 'DEL' character. You need
quotes to stop the shell trying to interpret them.
  If you want 'BS' to erase, use:    stty erase '^H'

cheers,

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec