[plug] Squid and samba and NT domains

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 30 09:39:52 WST 1999

At 08:35 PM 29-04-99 +0800, Bill Cullen wrote something like:
[...]
> have also said that squid should be able to authenticate users using
> samba. If we add a samba server to there domain and have it act as a
> bdc will squid then authenticate using the NT domain information?

You can use :
http://www.hacom.nl/~richard/software/smb_auth.html

I believe it basically uses smbclient to attempt to fetch a file from
the NT server - if it can do it, and the contents say that it's actually
allowed to, using the supplied username/password, then it authenticates.

Another approach is to use PAM authentication in SQUID and the SMB
authentication module of PAM.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal