[plug] Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Aug 6 10:30:58 WST 1999

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, John Menzies wrote:

> Yeah but you probably have to register first with full family details-
> telephone number etc!

No you don't.. The only rules listed are the ones I posted. It's open to
anyone on the 'net who cares to have a go.

Basically, if you can hack into it, you're a hero. (I'm sure you'll get
media interviews and stuff too if you play your cards right)

It reminds me of the time some company in England decided they had just
created the ultimate car security system, and fitted it to some expensive
brand new sports car, and gave the challange that if anyone could steal
the car within 10 minutes they could keep it.

Some guy called (IIRC) "Michael Lock" who was some electronics expert,
walked up to the car, and drove off in it within 3 minutes.

 - Matt