[plug] Linux regexp's

Brendan Whelan brendan at dci.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 13:12:01 WST 1999

Hi All, this is my first posting to this list, so bear with me...

I often get hoax virus warnings emailed to me.  Is there a command(s) in
linux that I can use to grep all the email addresses out of a message?  Is
it bad netiquette to email these pedestrians and point them at, say, CIAC's
hoax pages?

Will they be disappointed when they find out that Bill G is not sending
them money or a free trip to Disneyland?

I find such messages irritating, and wish there was some way to send them
all to /dev/null :-)

Cheers,

Brendan

Laboratory Medicine
Royal Perth Hospital
+61 8 9224 2426 / 0419 615 931
I use a Macintosh...  what year 2000 problem?