[plug] Red Hat Shares non-offer

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 9 21:12:40 WST 1999

Paul Wilson wrote:

> From: John Summerfield <summer at os2.ami.com.au>
> > > It looks as if there isn't a method of buying US shares from Oz - unless
> you
> > > try something like the Commonwealth online service, but they want
> $10,000 AU
> > > on deposit first !
> > >
> > > Electronic share trading? Bah, humbug !
> >
> > E*TRADE is an American company with an Australian operation. There was a
> > report (in Shares, I think) a while ago that they were planning to allow
> > their Australian customers access to US markets.
>
> I didn't know that, thanks !  When they are able to offer that, then I'll be
> interested.

That's all very well, but for a company that supposedly trades on the Internet,
to ignore email, makes it a somewhat disreputable company in my eyes.

Perhaps, if they can get their act together, and properly use Internet commerce
facilities such as email, if they have as yet learnt what email is, then they
might become credible Internet traders; until, they are just a bunch of
exploitative jerks.

And, given what has been published on Slashdot, about ertrade denying access to
the offer, to kernel developers who were sent offers by Red hat, ertrade aren't
interested in anyone who is not an effluent trader, with much experience in
exploitative speculation.

So much for the Linux community being able to become involved in Red Hat.

Welcome to the world of the Big Bodgy Software Company.

Given what has been happening, I only wonder how many million shares Bill the
Gate will have in the red cap, if not already owning a mjority.

Bret Busby