[plug] Red Hat Shares non-offer

John Menzies ccm01 at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 10 12:40:42 WST 1999

Bret,

The reality is probably a whole lot different.  I know not these lads but:

In the lead up to an IPO - initial offer on the excahnge - things do tend
to go a little mad - there are demands from every quarter and the best laid
plans can go out the door - particularly if the demand for stock is
enormous - the company is in a maddening rush to get to make before the
window to raise money closes etc.  I have been involved in a few of these
and often the backroom of the brokerage house is not as good or efficient
as the advertising.  Now you could be right  - they might be a couple of
rouge developers with no regard for the industry except to creat a quick
exit for themselves.  But I would think not from what I have seen -
precious little I might add.

Hopefully you will get your turn to float an inovative agressive market
leading software product and you will then understand - can send a young
lad like moi grey - might already have.

I personaly would take the view that if you can not get the stock - maybe
that is a good thing!

Regards