[plug] Unable to install GNU Pascal RPM package on RH 5.2

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Tue Aug 10 12:07:43 WST 1999

> This rpm has been built against RedHat 6.0
>
> ... If you have a file /lib/libc.so.6 then you can add run
>
> rpm -ivh --nodeps gpc-19990118-1_i386-pc-linux-gnu.rpm
>
> this will install it without the dependacy check.  I don't really rcomend tha
> :(

Do not do that unless you have glibc 2.1 and the glibc 2.0 compatibility
libraries both in place. If you upgrade to RL 6.0, the libraries will be
in place, and you will not need --nodeps.

I've not been game to update my 5.0 systems to glibc 2.1 lest I do it
wrongly and break somthing..

Say: There's an RHL 5.1 system over there; doesn't matter if I break it,
it's about to be downgraded to NT...

--
Cheers
John Summerfield