[plug] Telstra CLI/CID Question

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed Aug 11 14:25:53 WST 1999

> russ wrote:
> >
> > I believe cli is sent using dtmf tones and there is no tone for a
> > space:
> > 1234567890*#ABCD
>
> My understanding of CLI is that it is sent between the 1st and second rings,
> using 300 Baud FSK.
> The correct porocedure can be found by looking at datasheets for CLI decoder
> chips from various manufacturers sites..
>
> I have been known to be wrong though..
> Brad..

I read a bit about it some time ago; I was trying to set up mgetty+sendfax
etc. afair, it does act after the caller hears a ringing tone; I suspect
it also means an answered call & so is charged.

Like Brad, I could well be wrong; it would be well to check with Telstra
about the charging aspect.

I abandoned mgetty+sendfax when I discovered it's incapable of driving
Class 1 faxmodems, and that's precisely what Banksias are.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield